Hello dear readers,
I’ve been getting a lot of good feedback on the first part of this series about Lisbon’s most beautiful shops! I’m very glad you liked it. This is the second part of the article. These are the top 10 most beautiful shops in Lisbon, of course there are other ones who are as well and maybe I’ll do another post about them!
6) Confetaria Nacional – National Confectionery shop – Pick up an appetizing box of biscuits or pastries at this confectionery shop to admire its mirrored ceiling, marble counter, and wooden staircase, all dating from 1829.
7) Chapelaria Azevedo Rua – Hat Shop Azevedo Rua – It opened its doors in 1886 and still preserves its original wooden cabinets where it displays the hats and berets. It’s a beautiful Victorian store from the Belle Epoque.
8) Farmácia Andrade – Andrade Pharmacy -It opened in 1837 and is one of the best preserved shops of that time. It was renovated in 2005 and maintained its ceiling, dark wood cabinets and bronze lamp. The back was used as a laboratory and now it’s part of the shop.
9) Conserveira de Lisboa – Canned Fish Store of Lisbon – The best tuna, sardine or squid cans you can buy, in a large variety of sauces served in this charming shop.It has an old fashioned interior with colorful vintage designed packages. It has a museum feel to it.
10) A Carioca – This store opened in 1936 and its still very popular because it sells Brazilian coffee by the kilo. Its still very charming today thanks to it’s Art Deco façade and overall style. They still feature the old grinding machine and it’s like a time machine inside.