Hello dear readers,
How are you all feeling? It’s mid-week so I’m bringing you a lifestyle feature! I saw an article about the 10 most beautiful shops in Lisbon and decided to do a post on it!! Enjoy part 1 of this article!
1) Tous – Jewelry store! This is one of Chiado’s oldest shops (inauguranted in 1909) and with one of Lisbon’s most beautiful interiors.
The Louis XV-style space closed in early 2012 as the historic store “Ourivesaria Aliança,” to reopen at the end of the year as a Tous jewelry flagship. There are collections for men, women, kids and baby, displayed like they’re meant for royalty.
3) A Vida Portuguesa– Portuguese Life – Organizing Portugal’s traditional products (some of which had been long-forgotten) under one roof since 2004, this shop presents a series of wooden cabinets filled with attractive retro packaging that create an atmospheric world of nostalgia.
4) Luvaria Ulisses – Glove shop Ulisses – Quite possibly the world’s smallest shop, Luvaria Ulisses is an Art Deco gem. The specialty is hand-made leather gloves which it displays on the attractive façade.
4) A Arte da Terra – The Art of the Land – It’s easy to mistake this for an ethnographic museum, but it’s a 12th-century stable that now carefully presents the arts and crafts from around Portugal. The country’s cultural heritage is displayed on the former stone mangers under graceful brick-and-stone arches, with individually-lit pieces standing on an uneven stone surface.
5) Confetaria Nacional – National Confectionery shop – Pick up an appetizing box of biscuits or pastries at this confectionery shop to admire its mirrored ceiling, marble counter, and wooden staircase, all dating from 1829.